Monday, October 17, 2011

An old UFO -- finished!

Finally...this quilt is finished and off my UFO list for good! This a "Patchwork Party" quilt from 2007, if I remember correctly. 2007!! I made the blocks in a timely manner, but it then it sat for a few years. Patchwork Party is sort of an online shop hop....you buy one block from 12 different shops. I loved the fabric line from that year...it was called Prairie Paisley and it's one of my all time favorites. 'Course, that's probably because it's red, white, and blue!
This baby is BIG....it's been a while since I've done a big quilt. It's hard to get a nice picture too!
You should be able to click the images for a closer look at the pictures.
I even used up a bit of "scrap" for the backing....
I used a design called "Pretty Paisley" for the quilting....
This one is for me! Actually, I'd love to see it on our guest bed one day.

Happy Quilting!

12 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe I will finish mine someday :)
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely!!! Congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your finish AND for getting another UFO completed! Wooo hooo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful quilt. And I love that it is for you!! That is a good feeling. I remember when I finally kept a quilt for my bed after giving away so many. At first I felt guilty, then thrilled! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, congrats on the finish and your "Pretty Paisley" is very pretty indeed! Lovely job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wauh, what a beautiful quilt. Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice! And I don't feel so bad now because I was stressed that I have a few quilts tops from as far back as ...2010. Before that I always just worked on one quilt at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so gorgeous! Fabulous job. Love the colors, the pattern, and the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out terrific, Michelle. I like it photographed on that white fencing!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!