Thursday, October 27, 2011

Some quilting to show you...

I realized I could share a couple pictures of some recent quilting projects I completed. These quilts belong to a couple fellow guild members and friends.

This first one wasn't actually pieced by the owner, she purchased the top already made. If you've ever made a top like this, you know that it can be very hard to keep the quilt "square." There was definitely a learning curve involved for me when quilting it. LOL I think it came out okay in the end though! I did an all-over swirl design.
Isn't this a beauty? It was a mystery quilt...
...it's quilted with a design called Hearts in Bloom.
This is another pretty quilt for Christmas...
....and it's quilted with a design called Holly Berries.

I have some projects of my own to share too...but they are gifts, so I have to wait until the receiver sees them first!

Would you believe there is snow in the forecast for our area? I'll believe it when I see it, but I think it's going to be a dreary, stormy weekend! Sounds like the perfect reason to stay in and quilt. :)

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Awesome! Love ya!rem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any excuse to stay home and quilt!!
    Very nice quilts and you have done a beautiful job of quilting on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tops all turned out very nice with the quilting you did on them....even the one that had a pretty steep "learning curve"! I need to get stuff ready this weekend for the trip on Monday...wish you were coming along..maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty quilts/quilting...thanks for sharing! =)

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!