Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Retreat #1 Recap

Retreat #1 was a huge success! It was incredibly fun...loads of laughs and I accomplished a lot of sewing and that's always a good thing!

The retreat was held at a hotel in Lewes, Delaware. The hotel closes this same weekend for the season, so there usually isn't any other guests. There was one mother/daughter guest staying the weekend...the mom was sorry she didn't bring her sewing machine! :)

Here is our room...there were two of us in each room. I didn't spend much time here. :) Lots of late night sewing...
This is the view from our balcony...my intent in taking the picture was to capture the beautiful trees, so disregard the garbage bins and random old VW van. LOL The weather was beautiful the whole time we were there.
Here is my sewing spot....not a ton of room, but it worked! I was thankful I brought my side table and mini iron.
We were set up in the lobby of the hotel...it was one long room with doors to the outside on both ends. Lots of light....
View of the other side....my table was almost right in the middle of the two sides.

I assembled a charity top for Downy Quilts for Kids....
Completely finished my December Count on It banner. Yay! I made all 12 of these this year!
A twister runner made from "Reindeer Games" by Moda...dontcha love the hotel carpet in the background?
(sorry for the bad phone picture) another twister runner, this one is "Northern Cardinal" also by Moda.

I made lots of progress on my Sister's Choice blocks. I think I'll make 12 more blocks and then start assembling!
I wish I had a few more pictures....especially one of the quilt shop that was TWO DOORS DOWN!! Do you have any idea how tempting that is? I would say that everyone made at least two visits every day to the shop. One evening, the shop owner came over and taught us how to make a small project. I'm giving mine as a gift, so I'm not going to show a picture just yet. :)

The retreat was loads of fun and I'm so glad I was able to go. I really enjoyed getting to know these ladies a little better. I'll have a few more pictures to show in the weeks ahead. We assembled two QOV tops and I brought home one to quilt, so I'll share that one soon.

Believe it or not, I'm all packed up and ready to leave at o'dark thirty tomorrow morning for the 2nd retreat. I'll be back in a few days to share pictures!

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. Oh what fun that all looks like! AND a quilt shop two doors down? Man, you have the retreat stuff down to a science...

    You got a lot done as well... hope the next retreat is as fun and productive as this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'd not had company all weekend, I'd have met up with you even for a few minutes since you were so close to me. Enjoy the next retreat and then WDW. We will get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are having more fun than the quilt police allow!!
    This looked like such a good time. Hope the next one can measure up. You got so much accomplished. I am impressed! Look forward to your next report. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. sound like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!