Sunday, December 25, 2011

Monday Link Up


 I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  We sure did...it was great to have Megan and Zach both home again this year.

I was lucky enough to have most of Friday with nothing left to do but sew, sew, sew!  I worked like a maniac to finish Step 6 of the Ocra Bay mystery.  Bonnie actually released the step a day early as a little Christmas surprise!  You have no idea how excited I was to see this step was to make star blocks...Ohio stars to be more specific.  I love star blocks and this is definitely one of my favorites! 

 Don't they look awesome lined up even just like this?  I can't wait to see what she has in store for them.

I turned around to load the picture to the computer and this is what I saw when looked back at the blocks....Whiskers had adjusted a few of them for me.  :)  Don't you like how she's just looking at me..."Whattcha think of this?" she says.

Once again, I'm eagerly awaiting next Friday's clue...we are in the home stretch now with maybe only 2-3 more clues to go!  Check out Bonnie's blog to see everyone else's progress too!

Happy Quilting!

15 comments:

  1. It looks like she felt that the quilt had consumed enough of your time and attention, and it was her turn, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Ohio Stars are so lovely. I'm still lagging behind but I hope to catch up. ... I enjoyed browsing through your 2011 quilts. They are lovely and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look fabulous!
    I think you need to call yours "Whiskers Bay"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I looked at your link photo first as it looks so much like something that would happen in my house! We have a cat named Tippy that looks so much like yours. If I hadn't put my Ohio Stars block on my design wall, my photo would have looked just the same. How do cats know when you've put a quilt on the floor?!
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stars are beautiful Michelle! This is going to be a wonderful quilt! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look great! And Whiskers blends right into them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Whiskers is thinking "I make these blocks look good!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Ohio blocks are just gorgeous and kitty fits right in :) seems like all of us quilters have a cat in the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mystery quilt's star blocks look terrific, Michelle! Gotta love Whiskers for trying to rearrange them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the cat- and your blocks! I am still cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that is SO something my cats would do too! Love the black-white-red combo on these blocks... I'm still on clue 5 but this encourages me to keep sewing away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blocks look great! At first glance it looked like that upper right corner block was balancing on Whiskers' head. I did a double take before I realized I was wrong. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous! My cats have been helping me too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Michelle, I've been so 'gone', I haven't even been reading blogs. Just read about 10 of your posts. You are/such a busy gal. Such an inspiration. I've gotta get back to the sewing room so I can have some blog posts like yours. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You really could have a great quilt with just those blocks. I can't wait to see what Bonnie has in store for us!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!