Thursday, December 01, 2011

Well, Hello December!

Whether we're ready or not, December is here! 2011 has just flown by too quickly! I really hope to slow down a bit in December and enjoy Christmas and time with my family. I.will.do.this.


Our trip to Florida over Thanksgiving was incredible...we all had a blast visiting Universal Studios and Disney World. It was definitely a whirlwind trip, but worth it 100 times over. We returned home late Sunday and spent Monday doing laundry, winterizing the camper, and all around getting things back to normal. Tuesday and Wednesday were consumed with quilting a couple of quilts for customers...it was nice to get back to my machine! I left her alone way too long. :P

With all the travels, I'm behind on the first two steps of Bonnie's Orca Bay mystery, but I finally had a chance to get started last night and I WILL catch up. :) I have 2 QSTs done....only 222 left to go!

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. I love your Santa....great way to start Dec. off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is this possible? I just looked at the calendar, and you're right--it's December. But it can't officially be December until MY December quilt is finished (I have traced the applique pieces!). I just got back last night from a trip to FL. Everyting is out of the vehicle, but needs putting away. I'm back into the throes of meals, laundry, school, etc. December might not come until January this year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Santa is so cute! I have yet to make mine :( The poor turkey is still hanging on the display stand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a good trip. Settling back into routine is usually quite an adjustment to me.
    If you figure out how to relax and just enjoy the holiday, let me know. Of course, I should add that the only "shopping" I have done is the secret quilt that still needs binding. Do you think that will make a difference? : )
    Good luck on catching up with the mystery quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa's cute, but I really like your Dec. banner :) Time to start saying "Merry Christmas"...and I find it hard to believe we're back to December already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all those monthly banners you made...I really do need to get myself that book someday! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a great trip to Fla.

    I've copied the intro, part 1 & part 2 of the instructions of new Mystery quilt but haven't started it yet.Trying to muster up the courage to start, especially since the first step has 224 units!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just started on my Orca so don't worry, we'll get caught up! Your Santa is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!