Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cotton Club

Wow...I've been a bad blogger! I can't believe how fast the time is flying. It's been almost three weeks since my last post! I did a bit of traveling this month and have been doing a lot of quilting for others, but I've not been working on much of my OWN stuff!

I did have an exciting day this past Saturday. The little quilting bee I belong to had a Saturday "Sew-in." The "Cotton Club Quilters" meet every Wednesday night...but it was exciting to have all day together to sit, sew, and chat. We had a bit of snow during the night, but that didn't keep anyone away.

I "borrowed" a few pictures from Facebook...that's me in the middle with Lauren on the left and Lisa on the right. Lauren makes the most awesome totebags and purses...she just whips those things out in no time!
A couple pics of some of the gals...

Something fun...I joined this group late last summer, but even before that I signed up for a new BOM...and guess what it's called? Cotton Club! Isn't that fun?
I decided to take the BOM to work on during our Sew In...I'm a couple of months behind, so I was hoping to get caught up. I was able to get a few more blocks completed, but I'm still about a month or so behind. :( Here are pics of the 14 blocks completed so far! They are 5" cuties!









Don't know what happened to this picture...it's not that wonky in real life. :P





I should have some fun quilting pictures to share with you soon!

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you again!
    How fun to work on Cotton Club at Cotton Club! I love the quilt--especially the colors. The blocks are looking good so far. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to se you blogging away! I have the Cotton Club too but I'm a bit further behind than you...LOL! Maybe I'll start that one tonight! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOSH...you made up for lack of posts by taking the time to get so many photos in this one!!! AND...I know one of the gals in that group of yours...Shirley. I met her through a cruise message board on which her husband used to be active and I've seen her a couple of times since then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time this past Saturday. I love the Cotton Club BOM blocks! It will be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed all of your blocks and your Bee friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post!! Looks like you and your group had a great time! I adore your BOM blocks - they really are darling and look fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!