Monday, January 02, 2012

Mystery Monday Link Up!

Woohoo!  Did you see the final reveal of Bonnie's Mystery?  Let me tell you, I was so relieved.  LOL  I really am not a big fan of mystery quilts...all that time and fabric invested, then what if you don't like the results?  :P  Bonnie's are always a pretty safe bet though, and again, she didn't disappoint!

First thing yesterday morning, I went right to work...sewing, and sewing, and sewing.  Let me tell you, this is not a top that goes together quickly!  And it doesn't help when you keep sewing the parts the wrong direction and have to "un-sew."  I have half the top done though and I'll keep plugging along.  If you want to see everyone else's progress, go check out the Monday Link Up page!!


I have to do a few other things today though...remember that little thing called "housework."  Yeah, there are no housework elfs that come out just because you are working on a very important mystery project.  Or laundry elfs for that matter.  Also there is that job most of us dread...taking down the Christmas tree and decorations.  It has to be done...  But no matter, I will sneak in a few seams here and there and get 'er done!

Oh and Karen P, if you are reading this and I hope you are!  You left a comment about my Saltbox Harvest quilt, but you are set as "no-reply" on your email, so I can't email you back!  The pattern comes from this book...


I have a little linky thing on the sidebar of my blog...if you are a "no-reply" blogger and want to change that, go check it out.  Most of us love comments and we love to reply back to you!

Happy Quilting...or cleaning, or laundry, or undecorating....whatever the day holds for you! 

13 comments:

  1. I think the exercise cycle is part of my plan for today...been away from it for awhile. BUT...I'll read my Kindle while doing it, so that helps make it less of a "chore". LOVE the look of that mystery quilt! Hope to see you one day next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the mystery quilt is coming along....It looks like a lot of work but in the end you'll have a beautiful quilt!
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had fun with Bonnie's mystery quilt too and have always had my seam ripper close by! Your looks wonderful and good luck with the "housework" today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is beautiful. I really dislike those unsewing seams!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your Orca Bay looks great! I did the same thing for the first few rows with those strings going the wrong way. I had to rip out quite a few before I found a system that was going to work putting that baby together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mystery quilt is beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do it the German way: Christmas Trees are only taken down after Three Magi Day (6th of January).Sending you a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on staying with the mystery! It would have been hard for me to do it during the holidays. Hopefully, we will get to see this one "up close and personal" at retreat??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!! Next year I'm going to be prepared to join the fun. You're right about her not disappointing and I'm repeatedly drawn to mystery quilts. Glutton for punishment? No....I think I just enjoy the surprise.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Orca Bay is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle, this is gorgeous!! You've done a marvelous job with the Orca Bay mystery -- I love yours!!! It's been so much fun watching these quilts come into being. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Orca Bay is a stunning quilt and yours is beautifully done!
    I am so glad to see you mention doing housework. There are times I wonder if everyone else in blogland has a maid! : )
    Taking down Christmas has occupied my day--dinner with friends tonight. I am hoping to get some sewing in before my eyelids close.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy moly, Michelle! That is amazing! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!