Monday, January 09, 2012

One more Orca Bay update...

I thought today would be a link up day on Quiltville's blog...but now I'm not sure.  Anyway, I'll still share an update with my Orca Bay mystery quilt.  It's quilted!!  I finished assembling it on Saturday and by Saturday evening, I just couldn't resist any longer.  I loaded it up on the machine and got 'er done!

Here is the quilt straight off the machine about midnight.  Smokey stayed up with me and even did a little inspection...but I know what he's really thinking.  "Don't you think it's time for sleep?"

 Sunday I added the binding...I'll stitch it down this week while watching TV.  It's never easy maneuvering all that quilt on a little table...and this baby is HEAVY!

I quilted it with a simple design called "Quirky."  I think swirls are my favorite.

All the fabric for the quilt top came out of my "stash."  The only thing I bought specifically for this quilt, was the backing.  I thought this fabric was appropriate for a quilt titled "Orca Bay."  It reminds me of water, clouds, and the starry sky.

 See that fabric used for the 1.5" inner border?  That fabric is leftover backing fabric from my Roll Roll Cotton Boll...I love that both mysteries are tied together!

Thanks for following along with me on this mystery journey.  I wish I was this driven to finish all my quilting projects so quickly!   I have really enjoyed seeing everyone else's quilts too.  Some of the color choices have been amazing.  Thank you Bonnie for another great mystery.  I love it!

Happy Quilting!

16 comments:

  1. That looks TERRIFIC!!! Is this the top for which you cut some of the triangles here only a few weeks back? (Or at least it seems like it was only a few weeks ago...guess it was more like a month.) That IS a fast finish then!!! I really like it and I do like your backing fabric, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, and perfect choice for the backing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing!! It is a fantastic finish--and so fast! Wow. I just started mine after the reveal. Beautiful quilting pattern for this and great backing fabric. It seems to echo the swirls in the quilting.
    I think Bonnie said today would be her Cheddar Bow Tie link-up and there would be another Orca Bay link-up in February.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle- You are my inspiration! Missing our quilty Fridays!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt turned out fabulous, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...that's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous quilt! Congratulations on such a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is so beautiful and you really got it done fast! The quilting looks wonderful....want to quilt mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, this is beautiful! I love the pattern you chose to quilt this with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's really beautiful, and I admire your courage to cut up all those bits not knowing what it would be at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Michelle, that is amazing! I love the colors, and I love that you were able to use material left over from your other mystery quilt in this one! Well done! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt looks great! I love the design you chose to quilt on it. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, it is amazing how quickly you got this done, and it looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so beautiful. Love your backing. My quilt connection for Orca and roll, roll is that as I was finishing Orca I finally go the backing done for roll roll and sent it out to be quilted

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE that quilt Michelle. Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!