Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Quilt Square Quilt Along

Happy Leap Day.  That's kind of weird, don't you think?  Every four years we have an extra day?  Crazy.  I always think about the people born on this day...

Anyway, today is the Quilt Square Quilt Along parade day over at Jo's Country Junction.  This month's block is this cute, itty bitty, bear paw.  I love the bear paw block, so this one was fun for me to do.  I used Triangulations for those 7/8" triangles, so they were a breeze to make.  Be sure to jump over to Jo's to see everyone else's block too!

This is the next project I'll be starting.  It's a gift for a friend who is a University of Florida fan and alumni.  I'm just doing a simple double 4 patch, similar to this one.  The Gator fabric will be used for the backing.

I got a lovely surprise in the mail yesterday!  Marcie at Patchalot Patterns sent me three of her new patterns!  I feel so honored!  I love her designs and have done quite a few of them in the past.  I'm putting "Diamond in the Rough" on my must do list.  I love it!  Thank you Marci!  Be sure to go check out her site...she has tons of great patterns and lots of freebies too!

Happy Quilting...enjoy your "extra" day!!  :)

10 comments:

  1. Happy Leap Year to you~
    Can't imagine working with such small (7/8")squares. Really came out nice. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very pretty Michelle, and I'm sure you did extremely well matching all those points!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Leap Day. Your block turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty little bear paw block, Michelle! Great job!!
    Years ago (I mean YEARS) I made a couple of quilts in those colors for my kids in high school (their school colors) and the orange was almost impossible to find back then. This will be a fun "school spirit" quilt in that layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your block came out great! Love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job on your block! Have fun starting your new block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this over there and I just love this block! I think I'm going to use it as the basis for one of my doll swap quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your colors in your bear paw block! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling quilt square! It looks so nice on the little hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful little quilt! Great fabrics for your next project and congrats on those neat patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!