Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Catch up

It always amazes me when I realize a whole week has gone by without a post.  Honestly, I try to do some type of quilting or sewing every day...but sometimes I feel like it's not enough to make a whole blog post about, you know?

Today I thought I'd share some random pictures of projects I've worked on the last week or so.  :)

First up is a little mini that I LOVE!!  It's the Quilt Square Quilt Along block for the month of February.  Those little HST in the paws are 7/8th's of an inch!!  Teeny-tiny, I'm telling you!  I couldn't resist making it in my favorite colors.  My goal is to get it quilted before the QSQA parade at the end of the month.  If you want to join in on the QSQA, check out Jo's Country Junction.

The next picture is just a little sneak peek.  I am hosting a mystery quilt for our local quilt guild and these are the fabrics I have chosen.  I have step one completed, but I don't want to show too much because I know there are a couple of guild friends that read my blog and they won't get step one until later this month.  :P  I love the fabrics that I chose and I think I already know to whom I will give this quilt...someone in my family has a 16th birthday coming up this year!  That seems like a reason worthy of a birthday quilt, don't you think?

Do you remember this project?  It's the embroidery quilt "Snow Days" that I worked on as a block of the month for the last year and a half!  It's quilted!  I wasn't sure how to handle the quilting....quilt around the embroidery or just quilt right over it?  Well...as you can see, I just quilted right over it.  I am soooo happy with the results.  I can't wait to show you a full picture and I will as soon as the binding is finished.

This is a Quilt of Valor quilt...it was made by all of us in the Cotton Club Quilting group at our retreat last fall.  We all contributed two star blocks and we had enough to make two (almost) identical quilts.  Isn't it cool?  (I didn't realize how much of a shadow there was in the picture)  The color on the left, in the shadow, is the most like the real colors.  The binding isn't finished...I'll pass it on to another CCQ member to stitch the binding.

I quilted it with a design called "Seaweed."  I saw someone use it on another QOV and I think it kind of looks like flags waving...

Lastly...I made my hubby a little Valentine treat.  They were yummy!!

I think that catches you up on what's going on in my neck of the woods!

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. I love your little quilt square. This is one quilt-Along I wish I could do, but I believe I have already overcommitted myself this year. I will just watch and admire. It really is soo cute!
    Beautiful QOV and that is a great design you have quilted on it.
    Can't wait to see the other projects we just got to peek in on. I'll enjoy a brownie while I wait. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love when you post your work! Can't imagine making 7/8" blocks!Great job~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle all your work looks wonderful -- but all the nice things I wanted to say flew out of my head when I got to the picture of the chocolate hearts. OH YUMMY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great! I love your little mini at the top! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!