Monday, February 20, 2012

Quilts of Valor

Wow, I was overwhelmed with the response to my last post regarding the word verification and the picture viewing changes!  I am happy to know that I'm not alone...and it's basically unanimous that all of you feel the same!  Maybe Blogger will take the hint and reverse all those stinkin' changes!!  :)

I quilted two quilts this weekend for Quilts of Valor.  The tops were made by ladies in our local guild...they'll be passed on to another member for binding.

Stars are obviously a theme among QOV and this one was made entirely of star fabrics.  So of course it needed some stars in the quilting too!

The second one is quilted with a simple meander and a few "USA's" throughout.


I snapped a quick picture of my kitties enjoying some sunshine together.  You might not think there is anything unique about this picture....but I have to say, this is the closest they'll ever get to cuddling.  LOL  These cats just tolerate each other.  Smokey (on the left) antagonizes Whiskers...he's just like a little brother, hiding around a corner and attacking her when she least expects it.  And she wears her queen crown proudly and will smack him whenever he gets even an inch too close.  
No, there will never be any "two cats snuggling" pictures with these two.

Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

  1. Very nice of you to quilt those tops for QOV...and you did your usual wonderful job with them, I see! The cats do look as if each is keeping a close eye on the other! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 6 cats, and my baby - Pippi, is the only one loved by all of them. We brought her home at 4 weeks and I guess because they helped me take care of her (literally) they all love her and will let her sleep with them. Squeeky will not sleep or play with anyone else, My 2 oldest, Boots and Precious like each other but not the brothers, Muffin and Tiger. Muffin and Tiger would bathe and keep Pippi warm when we brought her home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good of you to quilt the QOV!! Great designs--I like the idea of the "USA" sprinkled throughout.
    So funny about your cats. So rather than two contented cats sitting there together we could read this photo as, "You stay on your side and I'll stay on mine." : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both beautiful quilts -- you did a terrific job quilting them, too! We had a boy and girl cat much like yours ... after about twelve years they finally did decide to curl up together. I think it was resignation. LOL!! Have a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny cats, mine are the same way. I have four outdoor cats who have to be fed in separate dishes. Our dogs eat out of the same bowl at the same time and have no problem sharing. Geesh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jasper and Annie used to cuddle on the same kitchen chair, but now Jasper is always attacking her to show he's the boss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have two tolerating kitties as well! They are just too independent to want the other in their space. I always love your kitty updates, and your quilting isn't bad either. ;))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Michelle! Just dropped in to let you know that I nomintated your blog for a Liebster Award. You can find more details at my blog. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those QOV are great! The quilting is wonderful!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!