Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Scrappy Sister's Choice--Finished!!

I finished the last stitches in the binding of my Scrappy Sister's Choice quilt last night.  This is another one I love, love, love!!  It's a Bonnie Hunter pattern (what else, right?)...I altered the pattern just a bit, but the only difference is that my blocks are a bit smaller than hers.  I was able to use some old 9patches from years ago...which was a great bonus!

I also tried a new-to-me quilting design...baptist fans.  (you should be able to click the pic for a closer look)  Again...love.it.  I sound like a broken record, don't I?

And look at that...I got a little fancy on the border corners.  LOL  Truth is, if you knew how simple that was to do, you'd fall outta your chair.  :P  Peggy suggested the red binding...which was the perfect touch!

Now to finish my -mini- Scrappy Sister's Choice...see those little cuties...that bigger block is what was in the quilt above.  Aren't they adorable?

Happy Quilting!

13 comments:

  1. Michelle, it looks TERRIFIC!!! The border is perfect for these blocks. Well done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!! I love the red binding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Reminds me of confetti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks terrific and I love the Baptist fan quilting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to say you make the most amazing quilts! This one is beautiful, and so is the quilting! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love Sister's Choice and this scrappy specimen is wonderful! I also love the Baptist fan pattern. Now I'm sounding like a broken record. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a gorgeous finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Congratulations on another finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!!! You've inspired me to hunt out some 9-patches!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous! Love the border. Why did you have so many 9 patches laying around? Do you just make them for "someday?" This is such a fabulous finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on your baptist fan quilting!! One of my absolute favorites!! How did you quilt it? Pantograph or ruler? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on your baptist fan!! It looks fantastic!! How did you quilt it? Pantograph or ruler? Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!