Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Time is flyin'!

I feel like I've been sewing like crazy, but I can't show you most of it!  I completed a quilt top that our guild is doing as a mystery.  I'm working ahead to make sure there aren't any "surprises" in the pattern...but I don't want to show a picture and ruin it for a few ladies that might see my blog.  :)

I also completed a mini quilt that will be part of an exchange at retreat in May.  I took pictures of it though, so I'll show you someday!  LOL

I have been doing a lot of quilting too...this quilt was just delivered today.  


 The focus fabric is a "space" theme....

 The owner wanted circles, sort of like a solar system in the large squares....
...disregard the "X" in the middle...it's soap and will come out when she washes it.  :)

 The corners got some orbit circles too...

The rest of the quilt is "stitched in the ditch."

My friend, Tammy is coming on Thursday for a week-long sewing/shopping/sight-seeing vacation...we will have tons of fun, I know!  I'll try to snap a few pictures of our excursions, so you can keep up with the fun!  :)

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. Yes - do take lots of pictures and have a fabulous time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilting, Michelle! The circles are perfect, and suit the space theme very well. I bet there are times when you have more to do than you can handle with that long arm, surely you are in demand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, this is gorgeous! Nice job -- I'm sure your customer was very satisfied!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you quilted it, looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand it, Michelle, but this post just barely showed up on my reading list. Go figure! I love this quilt. It is a simple 9-patch, but the colors are rich and the fabric is fun. You did a great job on the quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!