Sunday, March 04, 2012

Weekend Recap

Wow!  The Yard Sale link up was fun!!  And successful!  Thank you to all who purchased my items.  I hope they will be happy in their new homes.  Everything is packaged up and ready for the post office tomorrow.  I'm already looking forward to next month's sale.  :)

In between checking Yard Sale emails, I made a little bag for a blogging friend that gifted me with some goodies, so I am going to return the favor.  I bought this zipper bag pattern a few months ago, but this was my first time trying it out.  We've all made zipper bags in one form or another...but there is always another fun pattern out there to try, isn't there?  :)  I love Terry Atkinson's patterns and this is no exception.  The instructions are super clear and the "tips" are great.  
Here the bag is partially assembled...I loved those little quilted panels just like this!   It's a "quilt as you go" type of pattern, and I used fusible fleece.
I wish I had some big ric-rac to use...maybe next time!
Isn't it just so cute?  This is the "medium" size bag from the pattern and measures about 10" wide at the widest point and about 6" tall.
Look at all that nice space...perfect for a sewing kit, make up bag...who knows??

Remember the orange and blue fabric I showed a couple days ago?  I finally got started  sewing the units for the Double 4 Patch quilt.  It turns out you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.  During the Orca Bay Mystery project, Bonnie suggested keeping the units connected while ironing.  Then clip them apart.  Wow....it works great and you aren't fussing to get the individual pieces in the right spot.
Smokey spent the afternoon inspecting the rest of the orange fabric.  :P

A little note about how one little comment from another can make a difference...I listed this Quilter's Calculator for sale yesterday in the yard sale.  I had noted that I was looking for the instructions and hoped I would find them before sending it off to the buyer.  Shirley took the time to leave a comment and let me know that there was a secret little compartment in the calculator and the book should be located there.
Well, what do you know?  There is even a little diagram....

Pop open the little door...what's this??  It's upside down, but hey....

Surprise!  Look what's inside!  Now...did I EVER know that book was in there?  hmmm...that's a mystery we may never know.  LOL  Thank you Shirley!  She wanted me to know so I wouldn't waste time looking for it....isn't that sweet?  I really appreciated it...because I had already looked and looked and couldn't find it anywhere!  It would have always bothered me, because I knew it should have been here somewhere.  LOL
 Hope you all had a good weekend.  I'm hoping for sunshine this week...but I haven't even looked at the forecast yet.  I'm afraid to.  LOL

Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

  1. I love that cute little bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH...your bag is just so bright and wonderful#

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag is very cute, but I can't just ignore that fun ironing board cover! Must be a happy ironing experience with that to look at. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute bag. I haven't made a zippered bag yet. It's on my "to do someday" list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute cute bag!!! and what a clever quilter to help you out and tell you about that secret compartment!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bag and Smokey looks very content!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute little bag! Love the ironing board cover and Smokey, too.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!