Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bonnie...Day 1

Woohoo...today was a great workshop with Bonnie Hunter.  She's exactly what I thought she would like be from reading her blog for years.  She's full of energy, but down to earth at the same time.  She was a great teacher and I loved that she spent time with each person around the room throughout the day. 

The day started out with a demo of how to construct the block we were using for the quilt, "Oklahoma Backroads."  The block above is the only block you need...you just need 100 or so for your quilt. :P   No special tools needed for this project, but still some great tips were shared to help make the construction easier.

She also showed us how to "do-bone" a shirt.  It's amazing how much nice cotton fabric you can get out of a shirt!  Who knew??

 I took FOUR of my "Bonnie" quilts to show and tell.  Someone was sweet enough to grab my camera and get a picture for me of this one.  I also took my Roll Roll Cotton Boll, Orca Bay, and Scrappy Sister's Choice.

I was able to completely assemble 8 blocks...and the parts for a few more.  I know I'm going to love this one too!!

This is a few of the girls from our sewing group with Bonnie.  I'm in the center in the black shirt.  :)

It was just a great day....lots of laughs and a full day of sewing.  What could be better?  I was so excited to meet Bonnie...I've been a big fan for years.  And look, she even autographed my book. :)

Stay tuned for more...tomorrow is a trunk show and her lecture on Leaders and Enders.  Tuesday I get to take another workshop!!  Yay!

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, it was awesome and I am so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew she'd be a real sweetheart! I'm glad you are having the chance to spend such quality time with her over these few days. We'll have to get together SOON so I can hear all about it, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and it looks like a great block for all of those scraps we have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my heart! Wish I was there! Enjoy your classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting... and what fun you must be having! Thanks for sharing all the photos! Can't wait to hear more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so lucky! My friend Robin drove down from our corner of the world to join you guys. I can't wait to hear about everyone's experience! Enjoy.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all those smiles, not to mention the lovely quilts! Leaders and enders do make for interesting and striking quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!