Sunday, April 15, 2012

Catchin' up

Hubby and I spent a few days in Lancaster County during the first part of April.  It was absolutely gorgeous while we were there.  Maybe a little on the cool side, but the sun was shining so bright...I loved it!  I'm only sorry I didn't take more pictures.  Everything was so green and the farms were coming to life.  

We visited the Strasburg Railroad...

...and rode the train through the Amish Countryside....

Our son, Zach, would have LOVED to have seen this train about 20 years ago!  :)  He loved Thomas the Tank Engine.

One of our -almost- daily stops was here to get a fresh, warm pretzel.  You have to try one if you are ever in the area.  I highly recommend their fresh-squeezed lemonade too!

Buster enjoyed the week too...we stayed in our camper and the RV park was quiet and relaxing.  :)

Of course the visit wouldn't be complete without a few stops at the local quilt shops.  My mom and I have just been talking about these chicken pincushions...I found a whole basket of them at one of the shops!


And who wouldn't need an Amish chicken?

There were loads of beautiful quilts...I snapped this picture on the sly.  I always feel guilty taking pictures in an Amish store.  LOL

I have been getting a lot of sewing and quilting done since I've been home.  Unfortunately, I can't share pictures of most of it just yet!  As you might remember, I go on an annual quilting retreat every May.  There are lots of "secret" projects to make, so I've been working on those and quilting for customers.  Soon, I will be able to share pictures!!  

One project I can show is this charity quilt.  It is also for the retreat in May...we all bring a child's quilt for donation and Angela, our hostess with the mostest, donates them to a local pregnancy center in her town.

This is the first project made entirely with my Go Cutter.  I have lots of novelty fabrics and I picked up a few more while in Lancaster.  I thought they would be perfect to try out my new triangle die.

I love it!

 I even have the backing and binding ready...it just has to wait it's turn on the longarm.  


 Something else I'd like to share with you....my mom has a blog!!  I'm so proud of her!  Please stop by and take a look....Jan's Happy Place.

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you had a holiday in quilt country. Popped over to visit Jan's new blog.
    Love the Amish chicken - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you must have had on your trip... would love to visit this area of the country some day and a camper sounds like the perfect way to go!

    Heading over to your mom's blog now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracked up at the Amish chicken pincushion!! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my kind of road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I would love to walk along that row of quilts in the Amish store. And the chicken with the bonnet--too cute. Gotta go see "Mom's" blog. : )

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!