Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dad's out there.  I am so thankful for my hubby and the wonderful father he is to our kids...I couldn't have asked for anything better!

I had a little case of the sickies this week, so I didn't accomplish much at all.  Fortunately, by the middle of the week or so, I could handle a little handwork.  I made this little donut pincushion for my 11 year old niece's birthday.  She's just started sewing/quilting and is loving everything about it!  She's taking a kids sewing camp next month and I thought this would be fun for her to take...I think all the other girls are going to be so jealous!  :)

I also finished up another of the Buttermilk Basin candle mats.  This is January's mat, I believe.  I love the little snowmen.  This is a block of the month type thing...I received the 12th mat last month and I think I've stitched 5 of the 12!  Ack!  They go pretty quick once they are cut and prepped...so I really need to get on the ball with these little gems.

I think I showed this before, but the binding is now stitched and in fact, this quilt was given to a friend just last night.  She is a big Florida Gator fan...

and she loved it!

I'm feeling almost 100% back to normal, so I'm looking forward to a productive week of sewing and quilting!

Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

  1. you pincushion looks so real...I had to take a double take. Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful and fun giftie for your niece. She will love it! Glad you are feeling better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of that adorable pin cushion! Your neice is going to love it. Happy to hear your on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pincushion is so cute! And I love the little snowman candle mat! The quilt is just beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The donut pincushion and the candle mat are so cute! Good job on finishing the quilt. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on the Gator Quilt!! It turned out fantastic....The pin cushion was a big hit. I love the candle thingies...you didn't tell me about that one!! Want to share??

    Love ya!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute donut pin cushion...my question , "is there creme filling in the middle of that donut? " LOL ...Adorable candle mats~ Glad you are feeling ok now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're feeling better...by the way, that pin cushion is the cutest! She'll love it!

    I just found your blog and became a follower (: Can't wait to come back for more posts! Hope you have a lovely weekend!!

    Michele
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet your niece WILL love that pincushion AND yes, I bet all the kids at camp are going to be green with envy! I had two from Peggy from one of the pincushion swaps and one of my girls nabbed the duplicate. They are so fun!
    I had no doubt your friend would love her quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!