Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hometown Christmas

Last summer (or maybe two summers ago?), I vowed to make this quilt...it's called Hometown Christmas by Thimbleberries.  I've loved it for years, but it's an older pattern/kit and the fabrics aren't easy to find...so I thought I would just pull together my own thing.  But then, my friend Peggy, performed her magic and found a kit for me from a blogging acquaintance that really didn't live too far from her.  It was meant to be and I just had to make it.

Well, as life goes, I started it, then got sidetracked with other things.  It got packed away...outta sight, outta mind.  

This year our guild had a UFO challenge, so I added this to my list and vowed to get 'er done!

Here is the top all assembled.  I don't have indoor floor space big enough to take a picture of this baby!  It's huge...measuring 96"x 108".  

It's hard to even get the whole thing in the picture! 

I even have it up on the longarm this weekend.

Good thing too...'cause the guild meeting is Monday night.  Think I'll meet the challenge??  One thing is for sure...I'll have it on our bed for Christmas!

Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I love nice big quilts! The quilting looks fantastic! Is that custom quilting or a panto? Love it!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently saw this pattern in a Thimbleberries book I borrowed..It's on my "to do" list~ Love the way yours looks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And won't that be fun to dream of sugarplums (whatever those are) under this fun holiday quilt?
    I love getting a longtime UFO finished--such a light feeling. I'm sure you can have it quilted, but bound? That takes me forever! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Peggy's the best! I love this quilt too, and how awesome you found an original kit!

    I have "green" envy.....your grass looks wonderful compared to ours. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful quilt! I am sure you will enjoy it this Christmas and for many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its just beautiful! Congratulations on getting the top done! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful!! I'm sure you will finish it by tomorrow night. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!