Monday, July 23, 2012

I did it!!

I finished the binding on the Hometown Christmas quilt in time for my guild meeting tonight!  Yesterday was a marathon movie and stitching day, for sure! 

I tested it out on our bed...it's nice and big!  I love it!  I'm going to have to look for some green or red pillow shams.  Can't wait for Christmas!  Well, really I can wait...I just can't wait to use this quilt at Christmas!  :)

 I love using up leftovers whenever possible for the backing.  I cut either 12" or 6" strips from the remaining kit fabric and added it to some other yardage for the back....

I love how the quilting turned out!

I used "Feathered Curls" panto with Antique Gold thread...

Now for those of you that have stuck around and followed my progress on this quilt, I have a surprise for you!  I am giving away the four Thimbleberries pattern leaflets to one of my lucky readers!  If you'd like to win, just leave a comment and I'll draw a winner on Friday.  I love this quilt, but I know I'll never make it again, so I'd love to pass on the patterns to someone who'd like to make it!

Good luck and Happy Quilting!!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! You are ready for Christmas! I love how you did the backing, I have a few quilts that I would like to do that for, instead of having to purchase a wideback. The gold thread looks amazing too, perfect for that quilt. ~~~Please add me in your giveaway!

    Have a wonderful and Blessed day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really turned out lovely. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt and I really like the colors. I'd love to make room for the pattern leaflets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is inspiring! I'd love to make one similar using the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say how much I love your finish, but don't include me in the drawing. Much as I'd love to win, I have 3 Christmas quilts in various stages of unfinished! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt and would like to make it too. Thank you for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please do NOT include me in your drawing (I own way too many Thimbleberries patterns and books), but DO include me in the line of congratulations on this lovely quilt. The gold thread was a perfect choice for your quilting, and that panto filled in the spaces with style.
    I'm a new reader of your blog and have enjoyed reading back through many months of your quilting and crafty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't need the patterns but wanted to congratulate you on your wonderful finish! It looks terrific on your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always loved all things Thimbleberries and this is no exception. Congrats on finishing the project & thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt and would love to win the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What inspiration! I've had this quilt kit sitting in a cupboard almost since it was released. It looks fantastic and inspires me to finish my stack of UFO's and tackle it!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!