Sunday, July 01, 2012

June QSQA

Just a quick post to share my Quilt Square Quilt Along block.  You can see all the others over at Jo's Country Junction. This one was a tuffie this month....lotsa little triangles!  I had in mind to make a little table topper for the 4th of July, but so far, it's still just a quilt square.  I have a couple more days...maybe a miracle will happen!  :)

I also recently finished this wallhanging.  It's a birthday gift for my friend Robin.  Her blog is titled Life's a Stitch.  :)  I've wanted to try Tanya Ricucci "Word Play Quilts."  It was lots of fun to make...I was wishing it turned out a little wonkier, but I think that comes with practice and confidence in making the letters!  I hope she likes it!

That's all the sewing going on in my life lately.  I've been working on a few customer quilting projects, but I'm hoping to have the chance to work on something of my very own soon!!  :)

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Love your giftie for Robin! I've been itchin' to try the wonky letters, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool wonky letter wall hanging! I'm sure your friend will love it...

    ...and I love your RWB flimsy! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt square and good luck to finish it in time :)
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it...bright and bold in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your red/white/blue quilt! Perfect for any day so even if it's not done for the 4th, you'll get to use it often. Nice little word play quilt! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful little quilt square. There is still time to whip it into a little holiday topper--or just use as is this year. I have adorned my table with a flimsy before--in fact it was last july 4th! : )
    Very cute little gift you made. I think the letters have enough "wonk" to give it personality.
    Good to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect block! Your colour choices makes your block look different from the others and just sparkles!
    And a fabulous gift for Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your RWB block! The little wall hanging is very cute! I have some letters to make in the future as well - the alphabet to go around my son's quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!