Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Quilt Square Quilt Along and Twisters!

It's time to show you my July Quilt Square Quilt Along.  I added a 2" border around the block, to make it a little bigger for use as a table topper....I also tried to make it look Christmas-y, but I'm not so sure that worked out too well.  :P  Check out Jo's Country Junction for more QSQA blocks.

Earlier in the week, at our guild's "Sit & Sew Tuesday," we worked on Twister projects.  I made this patriotic one...this is with the "Tiny Twister."  It measures about 18" x 25" after adding the piano key border.

This is what the patriotic one looked like before cutting it....the squares are 3" here.

I also made this charm square size runner with a charm pack called "Countdown to Christmas."  It was cut with the "Lil Twister," and measures 18.5" x 39.5".

All the ladies had fun putting together the Twisters...it was the first time for some of them and they really loved how easy they are.  Next month when we get together, we are going to work on Gyleen Fitzgerald's Pineapple blocks using her book and ruler.

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Great job on the quilt along block...and love the twisters too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your QSQA block. I think it's the perfect amount of Chirstmasy...not over the top but festive none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your table topper! I think it could be used at Christmas or anytime! Love your little twister too. I've made them using the five inch squares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your latest quilt square! The twister runner turned out great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your quilt square! I love pieces that just use holiday colors without fabrics that scream the holiday. They are more subtle in their ambience and I like that.
    Oh, I have been wanting to use my Itty Bitty pinwheel (tiny twister) to make a patriotic piece. I love yours, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilting on your quilt square. It came out wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your work looks great! The QSQA will look Christmasy in December but I think you'll be able to use it anytime! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your July square. And I think you pulled off the Christmas look quite well!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!