Saturday, August 04, 2012

Scrappy Stars Sew Along

I couldn't resist!  Terry at Terry's Treasures is having a Scrappy Stars sew along.  I love scrappy and I love star blocks, so it didn't take much for me to make the decision to join in.  It's just two 12" stars a month!  

Here are my squares for August.


 I also got these awesome bonus triangles from the "flying geese" part of the block!  A great tip from the Bonnie Hunter class I took earlier this year.  It really doesn't take too much extra effort and you end up with fun HSTs for another project!  Normally I would just throw away the extra fabric I cut away from the flying geese units.


Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

  1. They look great! and isn't it fun getting all of those bonus triangles?? I find myself not being able to throw away anything anymore... I need a bigger room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you think, saving those triangles! Now I'm going over to Terry's Treasures to check out this sew along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stars look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look wonderful! And I do love those bonus triangles! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stars are so fun-filled! I love to make those bonus triangle squares, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yayyy! looks great Michelle! What are you going to do with your bonus HSTs? i'm going to save mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love those scrappy stars~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Oh, Oh, I want to play!!! I love those stars. I know I really don't need another project but surely I can squeeze in 2 blocks a month. How many blocks are you all making total?

    Have a wonderful and Blessed day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love those bonus hsts! Your stars look great! I'm going to have to get in on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love these scrap-filled stars! They are wonderful--so tempting, but I.Must.Not.Join!!
    It will be fun to use up all of those bonus triangles, and with two squares each month, you should collect quite a few. : )

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!