Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Life

This has been one summer that I'll be glad to see end...it's been an eventful one for us.  You know...one of those seasons of life where curveball after curveball is thrown at you?  But through it all, God was in control and we knew He would be faithful and bring us through!  The truth is, we are incredibly blessed and fortunate and we know that no matter what, we will be okay.  

I haven't spent much time sewing or blogging this summer and I hope that will soon change too!  I miss reading my favorite blogs and keeping up with all of you.  

I did finish the binding on my Pineapple quilt.  I love, love, love it!  I think I've mentioned before, the blocks were made with Gyleen Fitgerald's pineapple template.  It's awesome!  If you haven't had a chance to try it...you must!

I was so pleased with my corners...I just altered the block to fit.  :)

There is still a lot going on in our house over the next few months, including sending this guy off to his first active duty assignment.  Our son, Zach, will begin pilot training next week!  Such mixed emotions I have...he has worked so hard to achieve this accomplishment, but it also means, he's truly out on his own and starting his own life and career.  So far, we've racked up 27 years as a military family, and to think of the years and experiences that lay ahead of him...it's just almost too much to grasp.  God bless, son!  I am proud beyond words.  You will do great!

We also have some traveling coming up and I have TWO quilt retreats this fall...I will do my best to stay connected with all my blogging buddies!

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous pineapple quilt, Michelle!! Perfect corner treatment. : )
    I'm glad to know your faith in God has kept you afloat through whatever your trials have been. What I big thing to send your son off. Blessings on you all.
    Look forward to seeing what you are up to--two retreats this fall? Lucky lady! I just signed up for my first retreat. Only a one day thing, in January, but it is with Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings. Two half day classes and a dinner/trunk show. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Michelle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks amazing! I certainly understand about life throwing things at you! But you're right...its always OK in the end. Blessings to your son as he heads out on his new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Pineapple quilt! Thanks for the tip about the pineapple template. Please blog when you can in the upcoming busy months... I love reading it! Want to hear all about the two retreats you will be attending. And best wishes to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quiltn turned out great....

    We'll keep Zach in our thoughts as he embarks on this new adventure. I've watched him grow up these past 10 years and I look forward to seeing him make a name for himself! The Air Force is getting a wonderful man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pineapple quilt! Enjoy your retreats and take lots of pictures. Thank you for the years of military service and my best to Zach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can imagine you are sending your son off with mixed feelings. May God bless him and your family. We are all so grateful for families like yours who contribute so much.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!