Saturday, September 01, 2012

Quilt Square Quilt Along and other stuff.....

I've been MIA...no new posts since August 7th??!!  I have no good excuse either...just life and the distractions that come with it.  This has been a year with incredible ups and downs for our family and this last month was no exception.  I'll be glad to see the month of August torn off the calendar!

I did get a bit of sewing accomplished.  I finished my Quilt Square Quilt Along block:

You can see the parade of blocks over at Jo's Country Junction.


I'm also working on my pineapple quilt.   This project was started in January 2011, so it's not -that- old, but I'm happy to see it coming off the UFO list.  :)  I was motivated as it was my UFO Challenge project for our guild AND I taught a workshop for this pineapple technique for our guild as well.  The blocks are made from Gyleen Fitzgerald's Pineapple Template/Ruler.  They are sooo easy to make and tons of fun.  I just have the borders left to do....

Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

  1. Happy quilting Michelle!! Love your pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Your pineapple quilt is just beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The border fabric couldn't be more perfect.
    Great choice.
    A pineapple quilt can be a challenge, with all those angles, but yours looks wonderful. Great ruler, I've heard. And nothing beats a scappy pineapple as a great stash eater. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you again, Michelle. I always love your projects, and these are no exception. Love the little quilt square--great fabrics. I agree with Vivian--it is a great border.
    A scrap pineapple quilt is on my bucket list, so this speaks to me. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty block and love your pineapple quilt. I hope September is a better month for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Michelle...the block and the pineapples!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilt block! And congrats on finishing the pineapple quilt - it is gorgeous! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blue border fabric in your small quilt square. your pineapple is nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had success with Gyleen's ruler. Maybe it's me... but I end up not using the marks on the ruler since I can't make heads or tails out of the diagram in the book. So that project has been shelved. Yours looks lovely... and makes me want to go back out and read the book, again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope September is better for your family, Michelle. I love the blue block. Wonderful blues and I agree with whoever said they love the border fabric. It's perfect. Your pineapple quilt is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great QSQA block...I thought that I especially liked the border fabric and then realized I have that fabric...great minds think alike! And the pineapple quilt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!