Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pick a Pocket Tote

 Do you do Pinterest?  I know some people are just hooked!  I'd say I'm a moderate user...weeks will go by when I don't look at it, then something will spark my interest, so I'll go surfing on the page a little.  I never fail to find something I *love* and just have to make or bake.  :)  It really is a great place to find recipes, decorating ideas, and inspiration!

I needed a quickie gift idea and came across this simple tote/purse that someone had "pinned."  The great thing is that it linked back to the free pattern on All People Quilt!  Here is the Pattern.

It's a bit smaller than I was thinking, but it's still a decent size for a project bag, book bag, or lunch bag...

The direction say it measures 8" x 10".  It went together really quick and easy...probably 2 hours tops, and that included cutting the fabrics.  I wish the pictures were better, it's cloudy today and my house seems dark. :/


Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. That is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele, we truly are twins separated at birth. Look at my blog! I made one of these last week...exact same pattern!

    http://shelbystitcher.blogspot.com/2012/10/post-1073-new-purse.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the picture of your tote I thought I had seen it somewhere else recently--and I don't do Pinterest, so that wasn't it. Then I read Joan's comment. THAT was it--I saw it on her blog! I do like it. Great that it makes up so quickly. Well, anyway, it did for you. I'm sure I could manage to complicate it and take forever. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bag! I've made a bunch of those and I always wanted to try to enlarge it and make a bigger one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute.....so that's what you are doing today!! Who is the quickie gift for? Good job as usual, it's very nice!! (luv u)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!