Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Scrappy Stars

 We're home from helping Zach move to his first duty station...he's happy as a clam.  We did a lot of driving in a short amount of time, but it was sooo worth it to be able to go with him and see his new apartment, the base, and the city where he'll be living.  It was rough for this mommy to say goodbye, but I'm so proud of him and happy to see him to ready to start this next chapter of his life.  :)

Though a little travel weary, I was determined to do a little sewing today!  I was able to assemble my two scrappy stars from Terry's Sew Along:

Here are my six blocks I've made to this point.  I love them.  I'm really enjoying this little sew along.  Just two blocks a month...no pressure, but lots of reward!  I just want to keep looking at them.  :)

Here are my 16 bonus triangles this month too!


I also finished assembling this little quilt top.  The blocks start out as a 4 patch that are re-cut...similar to a disappearing 9 patch.  It's a simple technique that makes a nice secondary design.  I need to decide if I want to put a purple border on it next, or just quilt it like this and finish it off with purple binding.

Hope you all are having a great week!

Happy Quilting! 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, those scrappy stars are so tempting.
    And I love the purple quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star blocks look great! I can't stop looking at mine either! LOL I love the purple quilt too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. It looks like you have been super productive in your free time too. The stars look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your Zach is settled in .
    Love your scrappy stars. I'm doing them too & they are fun .As you said, no pressure, just 2 a month.My kind of sewing~
    The purple quilt design is interesting. Trying to figure out how you do that?~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like your colorful scrappy stars... what's your plan for them? I too, am trying to figure out how you cut the purple 4 patch blocks... it makes up into a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the scrappy stars!! Very fun and happy! And the purple project calls to me ... purple is such a soothing color!

    By the way, I've been meaning to mention that I really like the September apple block button on your blog -- it's really darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your blocks and your 4-patch top look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful blog, Michelle, I've enjoyed my visit reading your posts! I followed you from another!

    Love your scrapy stars, too!

    I will visit you again, soon!

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!