Thursday, November 01, 2012

30 Thankful Days -- Day 1

This morning someone on Facebook mentioned they were participating in "30 Thankful Days" and each day they would post something they were thankful for.  I've been thinking about it all day and wondering if I really could find something I'm thankful for every day.  I mean...I know I'm blessed, but am I really thankful?  Do I show gratitude for the blessings in my life?  

I decided I would take the challenge and each day in November, I will find something that I am thankful for.   I have to confess...it doesn't come easy to me!  Yes, it's easy to say, "I'm thankful for my health, family, etc.,"     but to think of 30 days of specific things I'm thankful for...I'm going to have to look a little deeper within!  :)

Day 1 --  I'm thankful for my quilting friends!  I'm just finishing up a quilting retreat and I'm reminded how special the friends are that share my passion for this hobby.  I have a few very special friends and many others in my "circle" that I just can't imagine what my life would be like without them...the laughs, the late nights of sewing, the laughs, the swaps, the snacks, the show & tell, the laughs, the shopping trips!  Did I mention the laughs?  I love it all!  

I've met some of you through blogs, yahoo groups, and even in real life (gasp!).  Some of you I see weekly or monthly, some of you I see once a year, one of you gave birth to me, and some of you I've never met face to face.  I love sharing my passion (obsession?) with my quilty friends.  You get me.  You are like me.  I belong here.  

So thank you, quilty friends...you have brought me much happiness and joy!

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Happy Quilting!


5 comments:

  1. I hear you, Michelle. Quilting friends have enriched my life--whether I have met them or not. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all so blessed beyond measure, but do we really take the time to ponder those blessings, and to dwell upon what God has done for us! Whatever is good, whatever is lovely, whatever is praiseworthy, think on these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so important to be thankful every day! This morning I was thankful for the stars and moon that I haven't seen in a week because of all the rain and clouds we've had. It really is about the little things! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, I'm thankful for my quilting friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, feel blessed to have met so many nice people through quilting....and you are certainly one of them! I am grateful we had the chance to do a retreat together and it will be a memory that will stay with me for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!