Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Friday, November 02, 2012

30 Thankful Days -- Day 2

Day 2 -- I'm thankful for my HOME.  I'm thankful to come home from retreat to find it dry, safe, and sound.  You might remember I left early for retreat because the base was under the threat of evacuation from the hurricane, roads and bridges were due to close.  Part of my brain couldn't even think about "what if," but part of it was in panic mode thinking about what I might come home to if the worst case scenario they were predicting actually happened.  

I'm deeply saddened watching the news and seeing the loss and destruction in the areas that were hit the hardest by the storm.  It's something incomprehensible and I don't even want to think about what I would do if that was my house.


1 comments:

  1. I know I take my home for granted, but this morning when I woke up I thanked God for my home before my feet hit the floor. So many are homeless right now, i can't imagine what that must be like. My prayers are with all those who are displaced right now.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!