Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Friday, November 23, 2012

30 Thankful Days -- Day 23

Day 23 -- I'm thankful that I am a stay at home mom/wife.  We made the decision when our first child was a toddler that I would stay home with the kids, which later also included homeschooling both of them through 12 grade.  I never regretted that decision!  It wasn't always easy being a one-income household in a two-income world, but we made it work and really never lived without anything we really needed.  Now the kids are both out on their own and I'm thankful to be a stay at home wife!  I enjoy volunteering on base and with military families.  Plus, it gives me a little extra time for my hobbies!  :)

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. I've been a stay at home mom for 16-1/2 years and it was the best thing I've ever done. Unfortunately now that John's lost his job, I need to look for "real work". I'll miss being at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made the right decision! Children need a mother more than a new toy, game or cable. The Lord has not blessed us with children, but five years ago we decided I needed to stay home to be the helpmeet God intended and he has blessed us with decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Terry and Missy...I was a stay at home Mom....I am thankful too, Michelle and cherish each and every memory I had with them!

    Hope you have a delightful weekend.

    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I have been a stay-at-home wife and mom for almost 34 years. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Sure, the kids have been on their own for years, but I am now available to help my aging parents and my "special needs" grandson. It has been a blessing in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!