Saturday, November 24, 2012

30 Thankful Days -- Day 24

Day 24 -- I'm thankful for my hobbies!  I think I have tried almost every kind of "craft" ever created!  You name it, I probably at least tried it...and I've loved almost every one of them!  I say almost, because I just never got the swing of knitting.  LOL  And there are a few that are my absolute favorites!  Like quilting (no surprise there), crochet, embroidery, and scrapbooking.  I find my hobbies to be very rewarding and enjoyable.  They are such a part of who I am, what makes me "me."  Hobbies have also paved the way for me to meet some amazing people who have become great friends!  I can't imagine my life without any of it!

3 comments:

  1. I laughed when you said you had tried almost every kind of craft. I felt that way for so many years. When tole painting went big I refused to touch it, because every time I tried a new hobby I would get totally immersed. I would have to have every floss color, or every paint, or every stamp pad. I just couldn't go through that again. So I have never done any tole painting, but I received plenty of it from family and friends. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love this post! I'm *so* the same way! And like Janet, I feel the need to go *all out* and get every product I might ever need. Crazy stuff!! Quilting is my favorite ... and wreath creating and creating with 'nature' ... scrapbooking, although I've done a little of it, has never been my best. In that one, I refrained from purchasing all the goodies and used my daughter's stuff, instead!! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just now reading your 30 Thankful Days here and had to chuckle as we have the same 4 favorite hobbies and I am also one who tried knitting and just couldn't get the hang of doing it to the point of wanting to continue! Crocheting I like....also embroidery (did a lot of counted cross stitch, too) and scrapbooking is a big favorite (although I am way behind on that). All such great hobbies!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!