Sunday, December 23, 2012

Easy Street Part 5!

I did it...I finished part 5 today.  I am loving the assembly of this quilt so far.  The steps are not too difficult to assemble, but at the same time I have no idea what the end result is going to be!

Things are kind of quiet at our house...we celebrated Christmas with the kids a couple of days ago, and now it's just me and hubby.  We talked this morning about starting new traditions, just the two of us, as our family will be geographically separated more and more as the years go by with our future military assignments, our daughter staying put on the east coast for now and our son on active duty.  We both have a heart for the elderly, so we're going to look to how we might serve in that way for next year and/or in the future.  

Speaking of next year...I don't think I've mentioned on my blog where our next Air Force assignment is going to be.

This map is your clue....
do you like how the map matches the Easy Street colors?  :)

That's right!   We are going to Wyoming!  We are sooo excited!  It's a great location and we will be much closer to extended family.  We'll be moving sometime around the month of June.  Let the countdown begin!


Happy Quilting!  

13 comments:

  1. your Part 5 looks great~ I'm almost finished mine. One side left to add.
    Wyoming ..I have a sister that lives in Casper~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving already????? Well darn.... was hoping we could get together sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Glad it's a good move for y'all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours. I see your 'geese' are heading South.
    Merry Christmas and good luck with your upcoming move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Michelle....I noticed your geese were heading south too, shouldn't they be heading west? LOL

    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you got a lot done. I don't know if I could move away from my kids. They live far enough away now! jus tin other parts of the city, and one about 2 hrs from here. Miss them muchly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blocks look terrific. MY kids are up north. Miss them! Would love to travel around when I retire and visit them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God Bless you for your service. Your blocks look very tidy and ready to soar. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wyoming? You will be right next door!! : ) (Which city will you be in?)
    Merry Christmas to you, Michelle. So good of you to look for ways to serve others now that your family is spread out.
    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your service! Great that you are getting an assignment in a place you're excited about. Here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Easy Street units look great. I love all that turquoise. All the best for your new assignment. We too have got kids spread all over and this Christmas is very quiet to our usual ones. I love that you and your hub will be starting new traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Easy Street is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT idea for you and Travis to do something for the elderly at Christmas time. I am still in denial that you are leaving Delaware. :(

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!