I made a little progress on this BOM yesterday. These two blocks were half prepped (designs were already traced on the fusible, and fused to the fabric). I just had to cut out the pieces and fuse them to the background fabric.
|this one needs the fishing line embroidered on too!|
I haven't done the buttonhole embroidery yet...I think I'm going to wait and do them all at the same time, which will cut down how many times I need to change the thread color. I'll do all the browns, all the reds, etc. That's the plan anyway!
I also got ALL the setting blocks completed from the months where I'd already finished the snowman block. I did switch out a few of the fabrics that the shop sent. I remember that was one of my complaints while receiving this block of the month...they sent a lot of "uglies." LOL
|Sorry for the nighttime, dark pictures...makes the colors a little off.|
I just have 5 more BOM kits to go! Today I'm tracing the applique patterns for block 8.
It's been crazy windy here last night and today...in fact, my husband said that the base recorded stronger winds last night than during either of the two hurricanes!! It sounds like the siding is going to be pulled off the side of our house! No snow for us here in Delaware, but it sounds like a lot of you did get some. Sounds like a good day to stay in and sew!