Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Oldie but Goodie

As usual, with the new year coming, I start to think about goals for the upcoming year.  Every year, I tell myself I'm going to finish up those old UFO's!  I generally do finish up at least a couple of them...but some of them slide by year after year!  

This Hot Chocolate Block of the Month is one of those.  I started this around 2006-2007!  I have five months completed and at least two other months that are traced and fused, but not fused to the background fabric.  I really do love this project....so I'm going to put it on my priority list for 2013! I think it would be a fun gift for someone with kids....but will I be able to give it away?  LOL

Month 1

Month 2

Month 3

Month 4

Month 5 -- this one doesn't have the buttonhole stitching yet.
There are also setting blocks...some are made, some are not.  Ugh...it's going to take some figuring to remember where I left off.

How about you?  Do you set new goals for the new year?  Do you have old UFO's like this? 

Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

  1. Honestly, I try not to set goals, because when I don't reach them I get very disappointed in myself. So I take each accomplishment as it comes.

    Needless to say, I am very jealous of those who can set goals and stick to them.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have *lots* of UFOs on my plate I'd like to clear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! My only goal for the new year is to keep using up what I already have! Happy New year! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute snowman blocks. Love the snowman tower, especially!
    I make a list of projects I would like to work on and squeeze some of them into the year as time permits--but I never get to all of them. The ones that are gifts are the ones that get the most urgent attention. The others, not so much. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks are too cute! Can't wait to see the finished quilt. My favorite block is the snowman with the Ohio Star quilt block on him.
    I don't have too many UFO's but many quilts I'd like to make. Good luck on all your UFO's !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those snowmen! my goal is to get my room organized and get more tops quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! My! Gosh! That is SO cute. I would have signed up for that block of the month if I'd seen it, too.

    Love it. Do you think the pattern is still available? I'm going to google it now.

    Moving to Wyoming sounds cool. The nice thing about computers and blogging is that you can take all of us with you.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!