Thursday, January 17, 2013

Another finish!

It's another dreary, cloudy day here in Delaware, so these pictures aren't the greatest.  I'm envious of some of the beautiful quilt pictures I've seen on blogs...I just don't seem to have the knack for getting good pics!

This is my 2nd finish for 2013!  It's an OLD UFO, so I'm especially happy to have it DONE!  It's also my project for our guild's UFO Challenge this month...which has been a great motivator to finish a few things up!  

The blocks are from a swap I did 5-6 (or more) years ago!  They are Ohio Stars made from homespun fabrics, and set on point.  I used to be leery of setting blocks on point, but the last 2-3 I've made have gone together so nicely, that I've conquered my fear!  Plus I love that setting Ohio Stars on point make them look like Sawtooth Stars, which is my all time favorite block!

The back ground fabric was to be muslin, and you know it's hard to find two muslins alike, so there are a few different colors in there, but I love the effect it gives.  You can click on the picture for a larger view.  The border is more red in person...it looks rust color here.

 I quilted it with a thread color called "Almond" and the pattern is Bountiful Feathers.  I LOVE this design and am very pleased with the result.

I had planned to put this quilt in the "gift" pile...no one specific to give it to just yet, but I think I'm in love with it too much to part with it.  :)  I say that with every quilt I make, I think!  I was thinking it might make a perfect quilt for our camper because it's not too big, but just the right size for the couch in there.  I guess I have until camping season to decide!  :P

I'm still plugging away on my Hot Chocolate Block of the Month.  I have a lot of buttonhole embroidery stitching to do.  Hopefully I'll have some pictures and updates to share soon!

Happy Quilting!

14 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I've always wanted to make an Ohio star quilt and seeing this one just made it move up on my list! I love the blocks set on point! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. If you decide you don't want it, I can give it a good home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great, traditional star quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice looking quilt... love the blocks set on point! Gorgeous quilting pattern as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great finish~I probably say this abt all your quilts but I'll say it again... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you want to keep this one--it looks so comfy and homey with those plaid fabrics. The feather design looks really good. Nice job! Doesn't it feel great when you get to do a finish for you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. it definitely looks like a camper quilt to me! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE it...but then, the Ohio Star is my favorite block of all time!
    I think I need to make one for myself one of these days :)
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are on a roll! Congrats on another finish! I love stars, too, and this one looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the quilt. I had a quilt I kept in our camper during the season. We used it on the bed. (Even in the summer, NY nights can be cold when camping.) We are currently without a camper so it's back in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!! Congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this one, too. Keep up the great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michelle, lost touch and catching up! I love what you are doing via long arming, and I'm thrilled to find Fridayare feline days.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!