Tuesday, January 15, 2013

First finish of 2013!

Are you tired of seeing this quilt?  :)  This will be my last update...I promise!  It's done!!

I really couldn't get a good picture this morning because it's dark and dreary outside today, so this is as good as it's going to get.  : /  The greens aren't so "pea green" in real life.


I quilted it with grey thread and a pattern called "Entangled."



I love the backing fabric...black on white swirls.  The fabric was so soft after washing, almost like flannel.



I used some of the extra purple fabric to make a "scrappy" binding...there are 8-10 different fabrics.  I love scrappy bindings!

I'm glad to have this one finished up...I always love the mysteries, but by this point I'm ready to move on.  I still have green, blue, and purple scraps all over my cutting table that need to be cut in to usable scrap sizes.  I'll be HAPPY to get them off the table and out of sight.  LOL

Happy Quilting!

14 comments:

  1. Your Easy Street is just gorgeous, and I love the colors. I'm still working on mine.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you quilted it, and the binding is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow and already quilted. wonderful finish !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful--and all finished? I'm so envious. : )
    I love the backing fabric and the scrappy binding, too. Nice job, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never get tired of seeing this quilt! It's beautiful! And I love the purple binding! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your first finish of the new year...and for finishing the Easy Street Mystery! The quilt is beautiful! I am almost ready to sew my pieces and parts together...just need to cut out the 16 center squares! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is a wonderful finish for the new year, congratulations on a job well done!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous, Michelle! Pat on the back from me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could live at your house with all your quilts. Great job, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I think I have mentioned before...you are very inspiring.After reading your posts, I just want to go to my sewing room & sew,sew,sew!! Great job on Easy Street. Mine is getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never get tired of sewing this gorgeous quilt!!! It's so beautiful!! I got stuck as I ran out of black on white fabric and just picked some up yesterday, so soon I will be back at it for the finish.
    Your backing fabric is a favorite...had some of that in my quilt as well and I am sure I used it all so that will definitely not be my backing...lol!

    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks GREAT! Way to go on getting that one done so quick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's beautiful! I hope to have mine finished soon.


    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!