Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year & Quilt Square Quilt Along

Happy New Year to everyone!  Can you really believe it's 2013?  Where does the time go?  2012 was an eventful year for my family and I.  Lots of ups and downs, but the "ups" are what I'll choose to focus on!  Both kids graduating from college was certainly a highlight!

I'm excited to see what 2013 holds...we already know of a couple of changes and events that will happen this year...and so far, it's all good things that we are highly anticipating!

Today is the Quilt Square Quilt Along parade...the last one of the year!  This has been a fun project...especially because my mom and a couple of friends did the sew along together with me.  Here is my block for December.  Crazy thing is that it is all quilted and the binding is sewn to the front...I just never took the time to sew it to the back!  So the picture is the block unquilted.  I did get about half of the squares quilted throughout the year and the other half are just tops.  I think some of these will go to our guilds "mini" auction they hold during their quilt show in October.


Here are all 12 of my blocks!  

You can check out all the other QSQA blocks on Jo's Country Junction.  She's also doing another Quilt Along for 2013.  I'm still contemplating if I'll join in again.  I have made a Lori Smith quilt very similar to the one she has chosen...let me see if I can find a picture....

Awww...yes, here it is.  (horrible pic...the colors are way off!)  This was a block of the month I did in 2007.

I think I may have the applique pattern for the second option...if I do, I might seriously consider doing that one in wool.  I'll keep you posted.  :)

Today I'm working on Bonnie's mystery quilt!  The final clue was released today...have you seen it?  Hope you all enjoy the day, whether it's quilting or spending time with your family.  I wish you a happy and blessed 2013!

8 comments:

  1. Great Job on the quilt square quilt along Michelle!!! I will have to check out the new sew along :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love each one of your quilt squares, Michelle. You have a real talent in the way you pull your fabrics together.
    I am trying to resist QALs this year--I have reserved spots for a couple I know I will do, but I'm trying not to jump on board any others. I need to get serious about my UFOs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!!!! Keep me posted on your move to Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, you did a marvelous, marvelous job on these!! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt squares all look great, but I really do love the December block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blocks. Well done!

    I also did a similar Lori Smith BOM called Grandmother's Sampler Quilt.

    I think I will join in anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your projects Michelle...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so beautiful. What talent you have. I purchased a pattern very similar to this one but I couldn't get all my blocks to be the same size. I'm going to try it again. I have a post about it here: http://delilahthomas.blogspot.com/2013/01/wednesday-wip.html

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!