Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hot Chocolate Block of the Month

I'm making some good progress on this -old- UFO!  It's taken forever to buttonhole stitch around all those pieces!  But I'm done...or at least I hope I am.  I kept finding little spots I missed...but after close inspection, I think I got it all.

The blocks aren't sewn together yet and the snowmen need faces.  The pattern calls for a pieced border too, but I think if I can find the perfect red print, I might just do a "solid" border and call it good.  The quilt is so busy, I think the pieced border is just too much.

Soon, my next problem is going to be, "how do I quilt this thing?"  Have any of you made anything similar and if so, how did you quilt it?  


10 comments:

  1. Oh, the snowpeople are all so cute! Great job!
    I will be curious to see how you quilt this--and I think your decision for an unpieced border is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the quilt looks great Michelle! I have no idea how to quilt my Family reunion either so I'm going to keep an eye on the responses you get! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about a plain border and red would be perfect. You are asking about quilting it, don't you plan to long arm it? I don't even have a long arm, but I can't hand quilt anymore. Love it, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...I just think this is the cutest quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had a thought abt the quilting on this, why not just quilt where the quilt blocks are & leave the snowmen blocks unquilted. Maybe tying them here & there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...I just think this is the cutest quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so cute!!!! Can't wait to see how you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this quilt a few years ago. I decided to have fun with the quilting and quilted each block individually. I practiced different free motion techniques in each block.

    I can't wait to see what you decide to do with yours. It's coming along so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always curious about the quilting of appliqued quilt blocks.....to quilt over the design or not? I'm sure whatever you decide to do will be great. (I am puzzling over the same thing with my house quilt blocks....they are not applique but I'm not sure it will look good to quilt over them.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! I love all of the snowmen, but my favorite is the snowman holding the star block. Can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!