Sunday, January 27, 2013

They can see!


All the little snowmen (and two penguins) have faces now!


And the top is all sewn together!  Except I just realized something I missed!  That block with the fishing snowman needs fishing line from his pole to the fish...sigh, it's the quilt that never ends!

You can click the picture for a bigger view.  I've decided on a skinny red border, then a darker blue border next.  BUT...I have to find it first.  LOL  I'm going to a quilt shop on Tuesday, so I'm crossing my fingers that I'll find the perfect thing.  Otherwise, I have something that is similar to some of the "sky" fabrics used in the background of the blocks.

And look at this!  An empty project bin (only the patterns remain)!  This UFO has been sitting in this box for about 6 years!  It's such a good feeling to complete something like this...but yes, it still needs to be quilted, so I can't say it's really finished yet.  :P

I know I'll never make this quilt again, so I'd like to pass the patterns on to someone that might like to make it for themselves.  If you'd like to have the patterns, just leave a comment and I'll pick a winner on February 1st!  (if you are a no-reply blogger, leave your email or you can't win because I won't have any way of contacting you)  Good luck!

14 comments:

  1. Your snowmen look wonderful! I'd love to make them. Thanks for the chance to win the patterns! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pass on the pattern, since I am working on a snowman quilt already, but I wanted to say it looks so cute. And I think a little red border with a darker blue around it will look great.
    Also, when I get something to flimsy stage, I count it a finish. I'll quilt it when I need it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your quilt is adorable! Two ladies in my class finished this pattern last year. The happy faces make you smile! I will pass on the pattern, too... like you, I have some snowmen "aging" in a box...good thing they are the non-melting kind ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love it, but if you had this as a UfO for so long, I know I'll never live long enough to do it. LOL just wanted to say I love the faces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo this is so cute. I love snowmen although living in the Lake District in England we don't get chance to make them very often due our slightly more temperate climate. These ones would last so much longer!! I don't know if you would post to England but I would love the chance to have a go at this quilt! alisha.siddle@talktalk.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a beautiful job on this quilt, Michelle. I love it!

    Jo Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heck, yeah, I want to win! That is so darn cute. I have my fingers crossed that the patterns can come from your project box to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to win the snowmen pattern. Both of my adult daughters love snowmen so would be a good gift to make this quilt. I think the solution would be to make the same block twice, in order to complete two quilts. Thank you for the giveaway!
    Gloria
    gyates625@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to have the snowmen pattern---they have been a lifelong love of mine. :) Your's is just too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute patterns, would love them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute patterns! Would love to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely LOVE your quilt! I think you did a fabulous job!! I've never seen this pattern before or I would have grabbed it so I'll throw my name in for yours :o) Show us your quilt again when you've got it quilted :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE penguins!!! (But...surprisingly...I've never made any quilt with appliqued penguins in it!) Maybe it's time to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH my gosh, nice finish!! No need to include me in the giveaway. Just wanted to comment, nice job!

    ReplyDelete