Monday, January 07, 2013

Whew! Easy Street Link Up

"Obsession:  the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, imagedesire, etc."

For three years in a row, that description above describes me!  Every November, Bonnie Hunter starts a mystery quilt project and I become obsessed!  Something about it just keeps me motivated to keep up with the steps each week and get 'er done!  I love knowing there are hundreds of other quilters/bloggers making the quilt at the same time.

Over the last week, we received the final clues for Easy Street at a faster pace...and those clues had us assemble the quilt blocks and the quilt top.  I put the final stitches in my quilt top this afternoon!


My top measures 85"x 85" and although Bonnie added a small border to hers, I'm going to stop at this point and not add any borders.  I kind of like the look of it with the green triangles on the outer edge....to me it looks a little more contemporary.  I'll bind it in either purple or teal.


I did also get it loaded on to the longarm and got a couple rows quilted.  I'm using a design called "Entangled" with grey thread.  I think it's turning out nice!

I think Bonnie did another great job providing us with a FUN and FREE quilt pattern.  She works hard to provide these mystery quilts for us and I know I appreciate it very much! The pattern is on her website/blog for a short time and then it will be removed and published in an upcoming book.  You can find the pattern HERE.

You can check out everyone else's progress HERE!

Happy Quilting!

16 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous Michelle! I love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent job, Michelle. This will motivate me to get moving on mine. Just started over the weekend. Still on Step #1. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful, and I agree with or without borders this quilt looks good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michelle! That is truly beautiful...what a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle,
    Your version is beautiful! Great job finishing it! I have to say that I really like the quilt without borders, too. If I choose not to make my version a king-sized quilt, I may leave it borderless, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors of your mystery quilt... so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your quilt, especially the lighter turquoises. I'm not bordering one of mine either - I think it looks fine without. I was wondering what colour thread to quilt it with, and didn't even think of grey! Your quilting is looking fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bee-you-tee-full! I have the steps at different stages of completion...I hope to really be a finisher on this project now that we're all settled in and most of the house is unpacked! I think the triangle border does give that modern edge...lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful Michelle. I am still working on the blocks to finish it and I have four more of the big setting triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Quilted already even!! This is just absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is beautiful and it looks like you will have completely finished in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your quilt!! The colors are just perfect. The gray thread for quilting will be a wonderful addition to the quilt. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is magnificent! Love the quilting pattern you are using as well! I, too, am leaving the quilt without borders. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't add a border to mine either. I like the edging and I think it's big enough.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous finish! Still have to add borders on mine. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!