Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"Plus Sign" quilt

Have you seen this quilt?  Seems like there was a little wave of "plus sign" quilt patterns recently across the internet.  When the ladies in our guild saw the pattern in this magazine, they decided to schedule it for one of our "Sit & Sew" days...so yesterday, we all started our Plus Sign quilts!  I don't even know if that's the name in the magazine!  I was just so excited to get started, I jumped right in!
December 2012 issue





My friend Peggy was also able to come down from New Jersey to sew with me for the day!  Here she is hard at work laying out her squares.

Last night after getting home, I went right back to work laying out more rows on my top.  It's really quite challenging to make sure all the squares are in the right place.  It's pieced in rows, so you really have to keep on top of it...one little mistake and it throws the whole thing off! 

It's really fun though!  This one is made with 2.5" squares, but I think 1.5" squares would be fun too!  Have you tried this pattern?


8 comments:

  1. I thought this was a striking quilt when I saw the magazine cover but wondered if I would ever start it. After seeing your progress, it may move to the "make someday" list LOL! I am loving your quilt! It would be a great way to use up my boxes of 2.5" scraps. Another concern is all the "Kitty Help" with laying out the rows. Oh my, can you imagine the fun they would have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quilt! I love that it has so much color in it. How big are you making yours? I have that magazine and when I saw that quilt I figured it would be one that you really had to watch the placement on it.

    Have a wonderful and Blessed day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FUN this is!!! I may have to add this one to my never-ending bucket list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful and it is a great use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great Kathie Holland pattern (of Inspired by Antique Quilts blog). I bought this mag when it came out, but haven't started the quilt yet. Yours looks wonderful, Michelle. I've been considering making a mini version.
    BTW, in the mag it is called "Charming Addition."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone's quilt looks great Michelle! Im gonna try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun looking quilt~ BUT looks confusing too. I might wait a bit on this one & just enjoy looking at yours , Robin, & Peggy's :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the kind of quilt that would drive me batty....but I'm sure yours is going to look super!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!