Saturday, March 09, 2013

Saturday Update

How can a whole week go by and I not remember what I did?  LOL  I know I got some sewing done this week and even spent some time cutting up scraps.  I did quilt a couple of tops...hmmm?   There must be something I did!  LOL

I did make up this quickie baby quilt!  I love this pattern...it's so easy, but I think it's very pretty!  I made it for a gal from one of my groups...she's due in just a couple weeks with a little girl and our group held a fun little shower for her.

Are these fabrics just the sweetest?  My friend Peggy was so nice to give me some of her "leftovers."  Just at the right time too!  I don't think I even had them a week, when I decided I needed to make a girl quilt and these fit the bill just perfectly!  Thanks Peggy!

I backed it with a soft flannel too...so cozy!! 

Remember these stars from last year?  Terry over at Terry's Treasures hosted a sew along and I made 12-14.  I've been making the alternate setting blocks as leaders/enders.  I finally decided to start sewing them together...I had more than I thought!  I think I want to make this BIG...so I have more stars and setting blocks to do.  I'm not in a hurry though, so I'll just continue with the leaders and enders and I'll get there!

I love all the colors and fabrics...just makes me happy to look at them!! 

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!  Don't forget to set your clocks forward tonight!  Yay!  Spring is on the way!!

10 comments:

  1. Well, you've done it again.. Inspired me~ I too had made the scrappy stars but wondered what to do with them. Now I know. Need to make the alternate setting blocks.I don't have leaders & enders but it won't be a problem to make a bunch of squares. Thanks again Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby girl quilt. Makes me think of a carton of rainbow sherbet! So pretty, Michelle.
    There you go tempting me with those star blocks again. I LOVE what you are doing with them. Great alternating blocks. Hmmm, need to put this on my bucket list. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the baby quilt.... so little girl. And the scrappy blocks are awesome... something about scrappy. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Michelle, you are the most productive person I know who has done nothing all week. I love your baby quilt, yes, simple but a lot of sewing and quilting! The colorful blocks make me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little baby quilt! And I LOVE what you're doing with your stars! I think I may have to make some more just so I can use the setting you have with the alternate blocks!! It looks wonderful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you set your star blocks. That uses even more scrappy squares. The coin quilt is great, also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the setting blocks for your scrappy stars! Your coin quilt came out super cute too! Great job on both ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, Michelle, love what you're doing with the star quilt,it's a great combination

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those patchwork blocks in between the stars are a definite winner! I love it ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colors for a baby quilt;I'm sure it will be loved. The stars and patches are awesome. I need to hurry up and finish my stars.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!