Monday, April 01, 2013

A couple of projects to share....

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.  It's so exciting to see the sun a little more, feel the temperature warming up just a bit, the trees are budding...all the promises that spring is really going to get here.  Some day.  LOL  I know it does no good to complain about the weather, but I'm really looking forward to the end of cold, dreary days.

I spent the weekend sewing and I got my Liberty Stars quilt top assembled!  I love it!  Hopefully I'll get it quilted in the next couple of weeks.

Since I had all my red, white, and blue "charms" out, I decided to jump into yet another NEW project!  One of the ladies in our guild recently completed all 12 of the Calendar Quilts from this pattern.  They are soooo cute.  I couldn't resist and ordered the pattern last week.

I decided to start with July to put those leftover red, white, and blue fabrics to good use!  Everything is fused, but I still need to do the applique stitch and quilting.

Why start with July, you ask?  Well...to put it simply, we are moving and we'll be settling in to our new house in late June/early July.  What's better for a new house, but a new quilt!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Liberty Stars looks beautiful, Michelle!
    And what a cute little quilt to make you feel at home in your new abode. Is it a long distance move?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your July quilt, in honor of your move (and my BIG birthday, don't ask). Liberty Stars is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your liberty stars quilt is just beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Liberty Stars! And you are TOO on-the-ball with your July wallhanging! Both are just awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!