Thursday, May 09, 2013

It's that time again....

It's time once again for us to pack up and head off to the next great Air Force adventure.  This is move number 16!  The packers will be here in about 10 days, and there are a few things we have to do to prepare before their arrival.  One of those things is take down the longarm...

We're taking this, the "head," in the car with us...

...but these long poles and tables will have to go on the moving van.

And there it is...all ready to go!

I did get a couple baby quilts sewn and quilted before we took the longarm apart.  This is another Quick Strippie from MaryQuilts.  It was so hard to take a good picture of this quilt...the colors don't seem right in this picture....this one is for my son to give to a friend of his that is expecting a little girl.

I backed it with flannel...it was so soft after washing!

  This was another quick one...the nursery colors are elephant grey and mint green.  I hope this fits the bill...but I think it turned out pretty cute.  They want the gender to be a surprise, so hopefully this fits for either a boy or girl.





Not only are we moving in three weeks, I am going on a 6 day quilting retreat next week!  Aaack!  Hopefully I'll have some retreat pictures to share soon!

8 comments:

  1. I have been through just about as many moves as that! I'm feeling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we'll miss you on this coast Michelle but I"m happy that you'll have more quilting space with this next location!! Love the baby quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of moving! Have fun at the retreat and good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you and your husband for your service to our country.
    Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a busy lady.I can hear the excitement in your post. Best wishes as you head for your next memory making location. ~ love the baby quilts~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish we had had the chance to meet in person before your move. I wish you happiness and health in your new posting. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm finally getting around to looking at this post with the baby quilts.....better late than never, right? LOL I think both baby quilts turned out really nice. It was great to see your family today at the promotion ceremony and I hope it does work out for us to get in a quick get-together this week to give you the video.....even if it's not for lunch but is only to hand you the video and give you a good-bye hug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Killing time at the airport Michelle so my 'visitor' location showed up as Dusseldorf...blah, blah, blah. lol Hope you made it safe to the new place.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!