Monday, July 15, 2013

I'm Here!

I'm here...I'm here!  It's been a crazy 7-8 weeks, but we survived our move from Delaware and now we are in Wyoming.  We just moved into our house one week ago, so we are still living among many, many boxes. Slowly but surely, we are getting settled.  I'll have more to share about our move in my next post.  

This post I wanted to share my beloved Whiskers with you.  She was almost 17 years old and we lost her this past weekend.  We knew her kidneys were failing her and had been doing what we could to keep her feeling well for the past 6 months or so.  She really went downhill over the last two weeks, and one week ago we found out that she was in full kidney failure and had only a few more days.  I miss her so much.  She was a constant companion...always with me in the sewing room.  She was a great quilt inspector....she took her job very seriously.  She moved with us 10 times to 10 different states!  And every time, she took it in stride and adjusted just fine, thank you very much!  She brought us much joy over the years...and I'm so thankful she was part of our family.  We'll miss you Whiskers!

I love this picture!  This quilt was her match.

My sewing machine made a nice bed!

"Where's the comfy fabric?"

"oh...this is nice."

"Whatcha going to put in here?"

She loved paper, boxes, tape....although this picture was from a previous move, she did this same thing while I was unpacking just a few days ago!

She loved to sit under my sewing lamp...nice and warm!

I was sewing the binding on this quilt and she decided it was a good place for a nap.

She made sure every quilt was nap-worthy...

She shared HER sewing room chair with me...

This is another favorite picture...she spent hours sitting behind me on that sewing chair.  I'm going to miss that.  Love you Kitty!



p.s.  I'll be back soon with pics of my new sewing room and our adventures during our recent move!

13 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your kitty! We had our dog from the time she was 6 weeks old until we lost her when she was 17 1/2. She made all the moves with us, too. She has been gone now for 5 years and I still miss her! I'm sending you hugs. I'm glad to hear that you made it safely to Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, only those who have been through losing a beloved pet can know how you feel. A deep void will be your companion for awhile, but it will fill up a bit as time passes. However, it will never be filled entirely. That space is for storing your memories of Whiskers. She is watching over you. God bless and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering if you were settled in yet. So sorry about your kitty--I love that shot where she is sitting behind you. I think she's still "got your back". : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah..thank you for sharing your Whiskers with us. I love cats too! I have two in the house right now...and one of them has feline aids. He is only eight years old (he is my Hurricane Katrina baby) and we have good days and bad days. He is laying across my lap right now (his favorite spot) and I know that our time is limited. Again, thank you for sharing...you were so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I"m glad you have so many wonderful photos of Whiskers that you can look at and recall the happy times. We often think of the pets we have lost, too........and while very hard at first, eventually the happy memories overpowered the sadness. I hope your sadness will soon be replaced by the happy thoughts of Whiskers. On another note, can't wait to see photos of your new sewing area!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss - our pets are such a huge part of our lives - so devastating to lose them. Hugs and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, I'm so sorry for the loss of Whiskers. She was such a sweetie! It's amazing how much a pet becomes a part of your family and how much you feel the loss when they die. You have my heartfelt sympathy.
    Love, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so happy to hear from you...however what a sad reason. It's sad that you will be starting your new life in a new house without your faithful friend. We lost our sweetest-ever kitty last year and have yet to get a new one. I've never, in my adult life, been without a cat but I guess I'm just not ready yet.

    Can't wait to see the new house and your latest projects.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your kitty, they are so easy to get attached to. I still miss ours. Glad you are getting settled.

    Have a wonderful and Blessed day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you survived the move. My sister's hubby was an Army Ranger. They moved about every 6 months.

    Sorry about your loss.

    ~Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sad to hear of your kitty companion passing away. Love all the pictures of her but especially the first one with the Orca Bay pieces. She was a pretty kitty~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kitty had a wonderful love of your quilts. I know you will miss her. Our pets are family. Thanks for sharing the wonderful adventures. Marylin in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry about your loss, I am going through the same thing with my 17 year old so I know exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!