Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Scrappy Irish Chain

Yay!  I finally finished the binding on my Scrappy Irish Chain quilt.  I quilted it back in March or April before the move, but just didn't find the time for the hand stitching of the binding.

I would have loved to have another "photo shoot" outside on my porch, but it looks like this outside today: 
It's been this way for 2-3 days, with no change for the next 2-3 more.  Not complaining...we needed the rain and the cooler temps are refreshing.  Plus my porch is full of debris from the roof repair...they aren't done, so I haven't bothered to sweep up.

This the best I could do this morning for pictures...the lighting is horrible because the house is dark from lack of sunshine!  This quilt is a large queen, so I had to climb the stairs to get a full picture.  Of course, Smokey was right behind me, by the time I got the camera and walked up the stairs, he made himself comfy.

A little better picture on our bed...but you just can't see the full thing.  I'm going to look for shams or darker pillowcases.  We generally don't use shams...but I think in this case, it needs something...

This quilt was entirely a leader/ender project from Bonnie Hunter's book "Adventures with Leaders and Enders."  I so enjoyed this project, I could definitely see myself making another!

A little closer of the quilting.  I love this quilt!  I would say it's my favorite...but I say that about all my quilts!  :)

14 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! My scrappy Irish chain is one of my favorites too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks terrific! I admire how you keep all those little scraps and turn them into something so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty quilt! I did the staircase trick in our last set of quarters when we lived in Hawaii! They are never the best, yet you do get a good idea of the quilt. I think it is really difficult to photograph a large quilt in any conditions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! I made one of those, too, but sold it. Maybe MY next leader/ender since I'm nearly finished with 501.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it is delicious! I love this pattern. It is on my bucket list--hope when I do make it, it will turn out this pretty!
    Smokey does seem to have ownership of this one! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would almost make an awesome rug for that spot, but then you wouldn't let anyone walk on it! LOL
    It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple is often best, I love Irish Chain quilts, yours looks super cosy for cats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a Navy wife of Irish background, I love this pattern. Bonnie's book is on my wish list!! Your quilt is gorgeous and looks so comfy, as Smoky seems to be modeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful, Michelle! Congrats on that finish. I saw it on your fb and on Bonnie's. Woohoo, you're famous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful scrappy quilt~I love Irish Chains.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt. I do so love scrappy quilts and the irish chain design. You did a great job.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love your site and your work is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!