Tuesday, September 17, 2013

this & that


I've been making progress on my leader/ender 9 patches...I have 80 complete and parts of a few more.  I think I've figured out what I'll do with them.  I'll reveal my plan soon!  :)  You can see my box of 1.5" squares is finally dwindling a little....this post shows how full it was a couple weeks ago. 


I also mentioned in that post, that I was running low on the "lights" or neutrals.  So look what a sweet blogger friend sent me!  It was such a great surprise!  These will definitely be put to good use right away!

She also sent me this cute little zipper bag!  Isn't it just too adorable?  Thank you so much Joan!  You really brightened my day!

I also made progress on a UFO....it's almost finished!  More pictures to come of this one...

I made a little fabric purchase last week, too.  Every year, the Spouses' group does a "basket" auction for their scholarship fund and I've already been asked if I'd make a quilt for our donation.  How could I say no?  :)  Since there will be lots of locals from Cheyenne in attendance, I thought it would be fun to make a Western themed quilt...and I found this perfect little bundle called Horseshoe Trail.  Don't you just love looking at a FQ bundle?  How am I going to take it apart?  Confession time:  I own 2-3 bundles and I've yet to take a single one apart.  :P

I'm going to have to force myself to take this one apart though....the quilt needs to be finished by March, so I have a little time to fondle, er, admire it.  :)


4 comments:

  1. I have the same problem when I'm doing scrappy nine patches...I just don't have a lot of light scraps. Love the zip pouch too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun fabric bundle for the auction quilt! Can't wait to see what pattern you pick to highlight those western fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you make from all of those great little 9-patch blocks!
    What a nice little surprise from Joan.
    That is funny about your FQ bundles. I have only purchased one and I finally undid it and put away the FQs by color. Now the jelly roll I was gifted is another matter--still rolled up!
    That FQ bundle will make a great quilt for fundraising in Cheyenne! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 9 patches are looking good! I have a hard time taking FQ bundles apart too - they just look so pretty sitting there, all bundled up!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!