Monday, October 21, 2013

A day with Bonnie!

A few weeks back, I found out that Bonnie Hunter was hosting a few workshops in Colorado Springs and Denver...so I immediately contacted the workshop coordinators and asked if they had any open spots.  Unfortunately, both were FULL.  Boo!  But they did put me on the waiting list.  A couple weeks went by and I got a call saying there was a spot for me in the workshop hosted by the Wooden Spool quilt shop in Denver and was I still interested?  Um, helloooo...Yes!  As it turns out, I did get a call for the Colorado Springs workshop too...but it was just a couple of days before the date and I'd already filled my calendar and had to turn it down!  Ugh...I'm still broken up about that!

But I'm really happy I was able to attend the workshop in Denver.  The quilt we were working on is called Shirttails...here it is behind me and Bonnie!  (sorry for the blurry phone picture)

Bonnie is such a great teacher and so passionate about quilting...you just can't help but be inspired!

 We had a BIG group too...Over 50.  Bonnie said it was the largest group she's had.  We had plenty of space though.  My spot is there in the lower right corner.... 

Can you believe I didn't have the book?  I know...right?  Crazy!  I bought it when I got to the workshop though and had her autograph it for me.  I'm such a Bonnie groupie.

There are three different blocks in the quilt...I love this star...

Also, Jacob's Ladder blocks...can you see my boo-boo?  I didn't get to the third block, which is Rosebud.
Truthfully, I don't think I'll make the full quilt.  I just have too many projects going on at the moment.  I'll make cute little table toppers or something with these blocks and they'll always be a memento of another great workshop with Bonnie!  If you ever have the chance to take one of her workshops...you must do it!  Also, don't forget her Mystery Quilt coming up!

There are pictures of my Show & Tell on Bonnie's post if you want to check it out!  Since I've now been to her workshops in Delaware and Colorado, she asked where I'd be the next time I'd see her...as she knows I'll be moving again in a couple years.  Who knows...but I'll keep my eye out for her!

The quilt shop hosting the event gave us some nice little goodies too!


7 comments:

  1. I just read about this on Elaine's post and saw you comment that you were there. This is probably the closest I've been to a Bonnie class, but still not close enough (8 hours--and me just returned from NH). Looks like so much fun--and to have been able to meet you and Elaine, too. I really missed out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I have been wanting to take a workshop with Bonnie for years. Oh well, I suppose it will happen some time. I love your patriotic-looking plaid blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you and your quilts on Bonnie's posts. I was like, "Oh--it's Michelle!! Hi, Michelle!!" Nice to see you again, and nice-looking quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad there was an opening for you, because I know how much you love working with Bonnie. That star block is a really great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! It would be fun to go to one of her classes sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving around has it's perks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had fun, Michelle. Glad you got to go take that class. Me and my sis got to take one of her classes at Road to CA. The Jared Takes a Wife. It "just" needs to be quilted. All my stuff....just needs to be quilted. I should make a shirt!!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!