Saturday, October 26, 2013

Jo's Bonnie Challenge

As you know, I'm a huge Bonnie Hunter fan.  I have made many of her quilts and have a couple in the works at the moment.  Then I see that Jo at Jo's Country Junction is hosting a Bonnie Challenge.  The challenge is to finish up a "Bonnie" quilt before the next mystery quilt starts.  I happen to currently be making "Tumalo Trail" as a leader/ender project and it's getting to the point where I'd like to just finish 'er up!  So this challenge will be perfect for me.

You might remember I posted this picture of the blocks I've completed so far....


And these are the parts and pieces I have, waiting to be assembled.

I think I will do a 4x5 block setting, so I need to make about 10 more blocks...who knows, I might even go bigger!

How about you...do you have a Bonnie quilt to finish up?  Check out what everyone else is working on....Jo's Bonnie Challenge.

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

7 comments:

  1. thanks for posting this. i have a billion little 9 patches that were just longing for a nice setting. ta-da! just found my setting ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, with your assembled parts and pieces, you are on your way!
    I haven't finished last year's mystery, and I am working on her Crabapple pattern. Neither one of these is likely to get finished before the next mystery starts, so I am not going to even go there!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does just having the tops of 2 Mystery quilts done count? Orca Bay & Easy Street tops are done . Good luck on your challenged. You CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll say you are a FAN! I see that by your picture with her in the corner up there. Keep using it for a Leader/ender and it will be a BONUS quilt like Bonnie always tells us about. Time to dust off the machine and get stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol...see my comment on Peggy's blog about this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be such a great quilt! I hadn't heard about the challenge, but I don't have a Bonnie quilt in the works right now. I'm not sure if I'm going to do the next mystery either, but I do know I'm dying to begin Jamestown Landing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when secondary patterns show up so nicely....as they are doing on this quilt of yours! You know me....no Bonnie Hunter works over here (even though I love how they all look when done).

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!