Thursday, October 24, 2013

Wool Projects

I love wool...maybe it's because it's getting colder, but I've had the urge to work on some wool projects lately!  I love the hand-stitching and the colors...I just love it all!

Here is an update on my Warm Winter Blessings block of the month.  Only one more month to go!!  I love these little snowmen!

Since that block of the month will soon be finishing up, I started another one.  LOL  This one is called "Cozy Quilts Club" from Homestead Hearth.  The book is by Tara Lynn Darr and it has 11 little quilts in it.  Each little quilt uses both cotton and wool fabrics....

This month we are doing Midnight Twinkle.... 

Here are all my little "kites" cut out...don't they look like kites?  :)  I have them all basted to the background fabric...ready for stitching. 
 

I have all this wool left over too!  I'm sure I'll find a good use for it!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a neat book of little quilts. Can't wait to see the finished quilts. Never worked with wool...yet~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowmen are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Warm Winter Blessings! I took a wool class from Lisa last January and we made two of the blocks. After making the third block I realized there was nowhere in my house to use a quilt that size. So I ordered the smaller version, but I haven't started it yet.
    Your blocks look wonderful, and it makes me want to pull out the pattern!
    I'd forgotten about Tara's new book. Those quilts do all look so cozy with the wool included. Maybe I will put that book on my Christmas list! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snowmen are SO cute. Love snowmen on blue background fabric. And the soft jewel tones on your next project are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowmen are adorable! I love your little kites too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo --- I haven't seen Tara's new book anywhere yet - that wooly quilt looks awesome! Is the background of each square made of regular cotton fabric? And what stitch do you sew the wool on with? It looks like one I'd really enjoy making myself! Thanks for sharing the photos...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That snowman project is adorable! We had frost this a.m. but warmer weather will be back for another "go around" by Sunday, I think. Can you remind me, again, the name of the book that you used for those little calendar quilts you made? I was always interested in making them but cannot find the name of the book now...even though you have told me more than once!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!