Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pre-Mystery Check In...

I've not had much time for blogging the last few days and the little bit of sewing I have done is top secret, so I can't share it just yet...but I thought I'd pop in and share the fabrics I'm using for Bonnie Hunter's upcoming mystery!  I'm switching up the colors from her choices, but I vowed to use fabrics from my stash and surprise, surprise, look at what I picked!  Those that know me well won't be surprised.  LOL


I love them!  Actually, I could use a few more blues and reds thrown in there, so I might splurge and pick up a few more as the weeks go on.  Now to decide which colors to switch out with Bonnie's colors, you know?  I wish I knew which, if any, of her colors will be more dominate...but I guess that's why they call it a mystery!  :)

We've been busy with Thanksgiving festivities on base, I made a turkey last week that was delish!  I had a bit leftover, so I made a turkey gumbo that was even better!   :)  This week, I put out all our Christmas decorations.  It's a bit early, but with our son coming home for Thanksgiving and then holiday parties starting the next week, including a large open house we're hosting, now was the best time to get it done and out of the way.  Thanksgiving falls a little later this year, so really there is less time before Christmas arrives!  I hate to feel the pressure of all the preparations, so I'm happy to have that out of the way and hopefully it's one small step towards less stress!!  So, since these signs are so popular...I found this one extra special.  :)


I'm so thankful for my family and friends...including my blogging friends.  I get so much inspiration from all of you and look forward to "seeing" what's happening in your lives and what you're working on.  My wish for you is a very Happy Thanksgiving spent with friends and loved ones!

God Bless,
Michelle

6 comments:

  1. YAY for Zach coming home for Thanksgiving! I'm sure that pretty house will look gorgeous all decorated. (Will we see photos of that?) Enjoy your time with Zach and your parties that will soon start. I like that "Stay Calm" sign, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to watching what everyone creates with their mystery quilts. As tempting as it is, I've elected to keep my nose to the grindstone and keep plugging away at my UFOs. I have GOT to get that cabinet cleaned out if I ever want to buy anything again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting your colors for the Mystery Quilt. I am going to keep her colors but switch the hues to the shades I like. Should be interesting~ Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice colors Michelle, I will be following along! Not sewing, just following. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about switching the colors to make it more patriotic like your choices but I'm sticking with the ones from Bonnie's palet. Decorating for Christmas this weekend so I hope to catch up and blog about it this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good! I just got the Thanksgiving stuff down to make room for the Christmas stuff. What can I say? Bonnie took priority!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!